This Week’s Beer
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2fyafer
- BA Rating: 87
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.8%
- Aaron: 6
- Shea: 6
- Steve: 5
This Week’s Show
Because a week void of reviews is sad for us all. I only recently found this show but it’s become one of my favorites. There are so many atheist podcasts now it’s hard to figure out which ones are really worth listening to unfortunately, I can’t listen to them all. But this one combines atheism and beer, which are two of my favorite things! They also hold a good balance between humor and information. Podcasts are either hilarious or informative but rarely both. These guys pull it off. Keep up the humor and beer recommendations!
I can’t listen to the news right now. Podcasts are my lifeline. Love this podcast and all the hosts. So good to hear someone articulate my thoughts.
Protesters were outside, a woman came in and yelled and swore at us in front of children, some people came in just to ask questions, but the first Open House for the After School Satan Club resulted in signed permission slips, so the club in Portland is established and will continue!
- This means the FTC will require that homeopathic “drugs” be held to the same standard of efficacy and safety as other products making similar claims, meaning there must be scientific evidence for health-related claims
- The policy notes that most homeopathic “drugs” have no valid studies using current methods to verify efficacy
- The labels must communicate that “1) there is no scientific evidence that the product works, and 2) the product’s claims are based only on theories of homeopathy from the 1700s that are not accepted by most modern medical experts.”
- Any such disclosures should stand out and be in close proximity to the product’s efficacy message and might need to be incorporated into that message
- A 28-year old man squeezed his wand into his wedding ring for “erotic reasons” apparently attempting to use it as a cock ring
- Unexpectedly (to him) his tube-steak swelled up so much that he couldn’t remove the ring
- The swollen twinkie’s mother took him to hospital about 4 hours after the occurrence (where was his wife?) with a terribly swollen and blue schlong
- Doctors attempted to remove the ring with a surgical saw but couldn’t get close enough due to swelling
- The ended up making multiple puncture aspirations with a syringe to reduce the swelling
- May 8 Gale Griffin and husband Wendall Harvey were arrested for having $3K worth of cocaine
- The couple drove trucks together hauling explosives for the military (requiring high-security clearances and BG checks)
- Ft. Chaffee, Arkansas cops got wind of Harvey handing a baggie of a white powdery substance out of this truck
- Not believing it was baking soda, they tested it with a cheap, shitty testing kit which gave a false positive.
- These kits are shit. In Florida, 21% of the substances tested with these kits gave false positives
- The couple spent the next two months in jail until the Arkansas crime lab finally determined it was baking soda.
- It took nearly a month just for the couple to get an attorney assigned.
This Week’s Stories
- Danielle Carr-Gomm, 71, of Lewes, East Sussex, died at Cleeve House in Seend, Wiltshire, on 20 October.
- She had taken part in an alternative health session involving paida lajin therapy.
- Paida lajin involves patients being slapped or vigorously slapping themselves repeatedly as part of a “self-healing” process.
- Matthew Carr-Gomm said his mother had been seeking alternative treatments after being diagnosed with diabetes in 1999.
- He said: “She had a lifelong fear of needles so she struggled with the diagnosis and initially took a course of tablets instead.
- “She was always keen to try and find alternative methods of treating and dealing with her diabetes and was very interested in alternative and holistic medicine and therapies.
- “I know she was desperate to try and cure herself of this disease. She always maintained a healthy lifestyle and was adamant that nothing would stop her from living a full life.”
- She wrote: “Large areas of my body… bruised and blue which indicated that a lot of ’sha’ or poisoned blood and toxins had been released” … you know, that or you had to bruise because you just got your ass recreationally kicked
- This nonsense “Slap therapy hit the news-o-sphere after participants in one of Xiao’s slap therapy workshops forced their 7-year-old diabetic son to stop taking his insulin and fast for three days before taking him to one of Xiao’s seminars in Australia, wherein his parents and Xiao beat him until he vomited, stopped breathing, and died in his hotel room.”
- Xiao believes that cancer is all a trick of your mind, and that breast cancer does not come from genetics or carcinogenic exposure, but rather comes from an unhappy marriage. Breast and uterine cancer are your body’s way of punishing you for being a shitty wife.
- An Anglican group has been criticized for publishing a list of gay clergy members in the Church of England.
- The list was released by GAFCON UK and included clergy known to be in a same-sex relationship.
- It also included clergy who have presided over same-sex unions.
“While orthodox believers certainly hope that the Church of England does not go further in violating Lambeth 1.10, the situation in England as it currently stands is already a scandal within the Anglican Communion,” the list read.
- It refers to Lambeth 1.10, the 1998 document which explicitly bans gay clergy from marrying or clergy members in general from overseeing same-sex marriages.
- Tracey Byrne, the chief executive of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement described the list as “contemptible”, adding: “It is quite clear that their intention is to ‘name and shame’.
“This goes beyond political strategy – this is a deliberate attempt to deny God’s presence in the lives of real people, and to condemn them by public shaming.”
- But Gafcon has denied the allegations, as press officer Reverend Andrew Gross said: “There was never any intention to ‘name and shame’ individuals. How could there be? The document lists public actions taken by individuals who are very proud of what they have been doing. In many of these cases, these activists were actively courting the media in order that their violations of Lambeth 1.10 would have the greatest possible impact.
“For these same activists to then turn around and claim that cataloging each of their media blitzes is some kind of personal attack is completely disingenuous. The “naming and shaming” narrative was invented by activists in a self-serving attempt to paint themselves as victims. It is completely inaccurate.”
- Reverend James Paice, part of the GAFCON UK Taskforce, told Christian Today: “This report is shocking because it shows the extent to which revisionism has infected the the Church of England.” He said CofE leaders had turned a “blind eye to blatant violations” and added more conservative Anglican leaders around the world had “concluded that the Church of England is a sinking ship”.
Next Week’s Beer
- Pelican Brewing (pre-prohibition Cream ale)
- BA: 84
- ABV: 5.4%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Join The Discussion
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463