“Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.”
This Week’s Beer
- Ba rating 90
- ABV 7.5
- Style: American Amber / Red Ale
- Aaron: 4
- Jenn: 4
- Shea: 3
- Steve: 5
This Week’s Show
Like Cognitive Dissonance but classier.
- What is it? “A council of prelates assembling to raise up a spiritual shield in Washington, D.C. prior to President-Elect Donald Trump’s inauguration. We are summoned to share and lead this anointed assembly in intercession, prayers, declarations, and decrees of The Word of the Lord over our nation.”
- That word salad means, what? I think they’re trying to make themselves seed gospel superheroes
- Protecting Trump with, what exactly? Super-duper “prayer” powers? A divine force field?
- And, protect him from what exactly? The power of actual thought?
- This is so fucking stupid that I’m having a hard time even contextualizing it. These fucking seed gospel dip-shits are just using this to convince the credulous to give them, even more, money.
- A week of events leading up to the inauguration (which, sadly, is Friday, Jan 20, this episode’s release date)
- They did a 7-day event of walking around the white house and capitol, “ declaring the coming presence of our Lord and destruction of the walls of protection around those [who] oppose Him.” Notice the capital H in him.
- As the unholy cheese finishes the oath of office, they plan, “ all intercessors are instructed to shout to the Lord with faith and expectation that the spiritual walls will be destroyed at that moment.”
- Too bad there’s nothing bad going on in the world that actual some of this effort could actually help with.
- Brian and Jennifer tried to have a beautiful wedding day, but unfortunately, Amanda Willis was a bride’s maid
- This amazing piece of work did a good job during the wedding itself, but once the reception started, she went full-on Florida
- She started by drinking most of a bottle of Fireball (yech), getting herself rip-roaring drunk within a half hour
- Then she stole the best man’s car keys and attempted to drive away in his car
- She nearly hit him, then drove off with him hanging out of the vehicle. He stopped it with the emergency brake.
- They pulled the stupid bitch out of the car and she went back inside where she guzzled from a bottle of captain morgan
- After that, she punched the groom as he was attempting to calm her down.
- Then they called the police. She faked an asthma attack and seizure in the cop car and was taken to the hospital where she exposed herself to deputies, assaulted the EMT’s, and kicked over her own bedpan.
This Week’s Stories
“For the study, researchers looked at the brains of mice, some who were given alcohol and some who were not, to understand if there was a neurological explanation for increased appetite after drinking alcohol.They found that an area of the brain called the Agrp neurons, which is located in the hypothalamus, was activated in mice given alcohol, but not the controls. When the team purposely deactivated these neurons in mice given alcohol, they did not overeat. This suggested that alcohol-induced food binges may be caused by a constant activation of this part of the brain.”
“Although the experiment cannot be reproduced on humans for ethical reasons, the mice behaved the same way as humans who drank too much the night before. For example, mice that were injected with alcohol became more hungry and ate far more than mice that were not given alcohol. This effect was especially strong the next day, which may explain why hungover individuals often take solace in overeating. The neurons in the mice remained active throughout the second day, urging them to continue to eat even when they were physically full.”
- Ugandan man buried with $55,000 to appease God on Judgment Day – http://bit.ly/2jup7KK
- A Ugandan civil servant instructed his wife to bury him with a cash amount of 200 million Ugandan shillings (equivalent to $55,000). The money was meant to appease God for the deceased’s earthly sins.
- 52-year-old Charles Obong until his death was a senior personnel officer at the Ministry of Public Service for a decade (2006 – 2016). His son-in-law confirmed that his will stated that his wife should deposit a huge amount of money in his coffin.
- Uganda parliament in September announced $20,000 funeral package for each lawmaker as a way of ensuring deceased members of the National Assembly are given befitting burials. The parliament planned to spend 67.7 million shillings on burial for each member who died.
- A break down of the 67.7 million shillings funeral expense
- A state-of-the-art casket rated as American Casket at Shs 6m
- Shs 5.5m for the grave
- Shs 4.5m for Order of Service books
- Shs 15m on feeding mourners and
- Shs 17.5m on allowances for police.
“Come listen to David Stephan talk about how his family members suffered from mental illness and were made well,” read a flyer promoting the appearance at Ave Maria Specialties. The store calls itself the largest health food store in northern British Columbia and promises “healthy products for mind, body, and soul.”
“y = x+2, 3x+6y = 12, Angelou was sexually abused by her mother’s ___ at age 8, which shaped her career choices and motivation for writing.”
- her mother’s boyfriend
- or father.
Next Week’s Beer
- Ba rating 90
- ABV 5.5%
- Style: Pumpkin Ale
Faith In Humanity Restored
Bonus Cat Video
- Saudi women react to misogyny – https://youtu.be/1rUn2j1hLOo
- Beautiful cat in lion costume – http://bit.ly/2jEuwBC
- Black Cats Rule! #blackcatsrule – http://bit.ly/2jECQkR
- The Man Behind Comic Sans – http://bit.ly/2jEpRQ6
- The Voice Of Mario – http://bit.ly/2jErpcK
- People Lick Their Cats With The Licki Brush – http://bit.ly/2jupXHl