- Intro – Welcome To The Show 0:30.17
- This Week’s Beer – Summer Ale 2:26
- Round Table 9:36
- HL1 – All Crackers Go To Hell 18:35
- HL2 – You’re A Wanker Gordy 27:14
- HL3 – Ding Dong Satan’s Gone! 33:37
- The Patreon Plane 39:13.271
- LMGTFY Triangle 59:43
- Next Week’s Beer – Bock 1:09:04
- Faith In Humanity Restored 1:10:41
- Outro – Thanks 4 Supporting Us! 1:17:05
- Outtakes 1:17:52
In this week’s show, episode 140, we get lost in Japan taking a sexy quiz about murdering Satan, but all the results told us is that Klingons have celiacs and the Earth ISN’T FUCKING FLAT!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Lakshmi (Hindu goddess of health and prosperity) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying her patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned some interesting statistics about feminism. The average school boy will go to college to get more knowledge. While a girl will travel to Jupiter to get more stupider.
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that Lakshmi, goddess wife of Vishnu, was said to have been formed in antiquity by using a mountain and a serpent to churn the cosmic ocean to milk, out of which she floated radiantly on a lotus flower? So, basically, she is the goddess of making an entrance.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
By James and Susan
Shipyard Brewing Co. – Summer Ale
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2tNWkIE
- BA Rating: 72
- Style: American Pale Wheat Ale
- ABV: 5.1%
- Aaron: 8
- Jenn: 7
- Shea: 8
- Steve: 7
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Mr. BearPig asked Jim to clarify/verify if ‘it’s not gay if you make a mean face’.
- & @CraigDaFarmer
And Craig came through in a big Patreon way for the Chelada fiasco. He was also generous enough to make a donation to WyoAIDS.org, Big Gay Jim’s Wyoming AIDS Assistance 501c3 — which, btw is a 501c3 so you can deduct your donations. also, if you mention the show in the donation note (or whatever way you like of proving you’re you) in addition to our undying gratitude we’ll send you the patreon cut of the show for the week of your donation!
We got two voicemails this week, one to our fantastic – and textable, btw thanks as ever to Dave – Drunk Dial Line: (513) 760–0463, and another to the website’s SpeakPipe app!
Shane, first of all, Happy belated Canada Day!
I’m glad you like the chapters etc, we put a lot of effort into the final MP3 file and it’s really pretty gratifying to know that folks appreciate it! I’m not sure if we’ve had Big Rock or Village Brewery – at least not on the show – but we’ll put them on the list!
Dan, who works in child protective services, agrees with our thinking that it’s much worse for a person who is unprepared and especially unwanting of a child to have a child, vs the alternative
Closing out headlines this week we thought that, given our recent influx of listeners, we should take a moment, to sum up Wrathful Studios’ offerings.
We frequently mention the Drunk Dial Line — (513) 760–0463 — and how it takes texts now, but what is SpeakPipe?
SpeakPipe is a widget on our site and an App for you mobile. It’s a great freeway to leave us voicemails without having to pay international rates or reveal your phone number! If we use your voicemail on-air we’ll send you the patreon cut of the show it appears in!
Speaking of Patreon.
If you make a per episode donation at http://patreon.com/w4w you’ll get a much longer cut of each week’s show – often in the form of a unique story or topic. Patrons also get exclusive access to episodes of 4 More Beers, wherein we drink a beer, do a story and generally BS our way through announcing the next four show beers.
Finally, we would be remiss to miss a mention of our store!
Waiting 4 Wrath.com hosts a fun shop where you can buy hoodies, T’s and coffee mugs – with more great stuff on the way! The T’s come in all sizes and shapes — including those meant for people with boobs! That’s right, they aren’t the loose-fitting unisex shirts destined to become shop rags, they’re quality shirts at a decent price designed to fit actual human people!
And, as ever, if patronizing us is too expensive, calling us is too personal, and buying our stuff is too kitschy, you can always take a moment to leave a 5-star review on iTunes or your podcast outlet of choice! It’s free and goes a long way toward helping us reach a bigger audience.
All Crackers Go To Hell – http://bit.ly/2uXgk9z
- In a letter circulated to Roman Catholic bishops, Cardinal Robert Sarah of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments was instructed by the Pope to tell church members about the correct ingredients of the bread and wine given to mass celebrants.
- The Body of Christ, the blessed bread given to Catholics, must contain a small amount of gluten, according to the Vatican, while the wine must be made from unsoured grapes.
“Hosts that are completely gluten-free are invalid matter for the celebration of the Eucharist,” according to the letter which was translated by Vatican Radio.
- The letter comes amid concern that the ingredients of holy bread are readily available in “supermarkets” and “even over the internet” and not from religious communities.
- The reminder comes following a decision by the church in 2003 that holy bread should maintain a “small quantity” of gluten.
You’re A Wanker Gordy – http://bit.ly/2uXfs4C
- Religious Right activist and former Colorado state legislator Gordon Klingenschmitt declared on his “Pray In Jesus Name” program last week that Americans would not need health care if this nation would simply stop funding Planned Parenthood because, if we do so, “God will heal your diseases.”
- Declaring that Democrats and Republicans in Congress who are fighting to retain support for Planned Parenthood “are being influenced by a demonic spirit because they want to kill children with your taxpayer dollars,”
- “You know what the solution to America’s healthcare crisis is?” Klingenschmitt asked. “Obey the Ten Commandments, stop funding abortion, stop funding child killing and God will heal your diseases, America. The supernatural blessing of healing is available if we stop working with the demonic spirit of murder.”
Ding Dong Satan’s Gone! – http://bit.ly/2uXftWa
- South Africa’s celebrity pastor Paseka Motsoeneng, more popularly known as Prophet Mboro claimed he has killed Satan.
- Mboro, a senior pastor at the Incredible Happenings Church made the claims on his Facebook page. He wrote the following to the amazement of his followers and critics. “When I got to hell there was a queue of millions of people waiting to be braai’d by Satan. I even saw some prominent South African politicians. I was so shocked because they lived like angels here on earth. I thought they went to heaven. When Satan saw me he panicked and directed his army to kill me. Like Samson in the Bible, I defeated them. Satan was my last victim.”
- Mboro’s post was deleted after an hour when his followers raided his Facebook comment box demanding further information and asking him more questions.
This Week’s Stories
Fucking Flat Earthers – http://dpo.st/2uXli61
- How to measure the Earth yourself using a stick and basic math from 236 BCE:
No, Amelia Earhart was NOT captured by the Japanese and that is NOT a photo of her.
This past week the interwebs were abuzz about a controversial theory resurfacing re Amelia Earhart. A[ new documentary on the History Channel presents the theory that the aviatrix survived her crash landing, was then taken the prisoner in Japan, and the American government has worked for years to cover it up. It’s often referred to as ‘The Marshall Islands theory’ and was largely supported by a single photograph … which a Japanese blogger seems to have verified in the Japanese national archives, immediately disproving the whole thing.
(I mean, LOOK AT THAT EVIDENCE!!)
So, apparently the History Channel (home of such intellectual stimulation as Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars and Swamp People) doesn’t like to fact check, because they are airing a special this month (to add to the list of such specials as God v/s Satan & Predator X), Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence. From the History Channel’s website:
Former FBI official Shawn Henry investigates new, shocking evidence that aviator Amelia Earhart was captured by the Japanese military, including a photograph that purports to show Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan alive after their disappearance. Evidence includes documents containing new information indicating that the U.S. government knew that she was in the custody of a foreign power, and may have covered it up.
Well, gosh darn it Y’all, I guess it’s true! Um…nope. Tokyo-based military blogger, Kota Yamano decided to actually do some real investigation. Says Yamano:
“I have never believed the theory that Earhart was captured by the Japanese military, so I decided to find out for myself,” Yamano told the Guardian. “I was sure that the same photo must be on record in Japan.”
After less than an hour of research, he was able to find this exact photo—in it’s real historic context. After doing an online search using keyword “Jaluit Atoll” (the location of the wharf in the photo) and a decade-long timeframe starting in 1930. IT WAS THE 10TH ITEM THAT POPPED UP.
The picture originally appeared in a South Seas Japanese-language travel guide, that was published a full two years before Earhart even disappeared.
Next Week’s Beer
Provided by Shea by way of an Anonymous listener.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2tXLKzn
- BA Rating: 77
- Style: Bock
- ABV: 5.5%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Colorado Springs police chief has the perfect response to a Libertarian idiot upset over a late night amber alert issued for a disabled kid. – http://bit.ly/2uXAjEY
Bonus Cat Videos
The Khan Academy core they should all have to take http://bit.ly/2uX0dsl
Word of the Week: Schnapsidee – http://bit.ly/2uXiRR1
Oats Studios – Volume 1 – God: Serengeti – http://bit.ly/2uX1UX1
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!