In This Week’s Show, episode 87, Gordon Klingonshit used medical syrup to euthanize a possessed Santa Ana demonic blogger.
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Rhadamanthus hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Did you know that Jehovah’s Witnesses are forbidden to own or wear a cross?
Jim’s Good Gay News
Study Gay Wedding Spending Nearly Doubled Since Equality Ruling – http://bit.ly/29i2Eu7
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
11th Hour IPA | Crow Peak Brewing brought to us by RW.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/294zm3S
- BA Rating: 80
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.50%
- Aaron: 3
- Jenn: 5
- Jim: 2
- Steve: 5
Brunette Nut Brown Ale | Nebraska Brewing Co.
- Brought to us by RW.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/29i2Vgp
- BA Rating: 81
- Style: Nut Brown Ale
- ABV: 4.80%
- Aaron: 10
- Jenn: 8
- Jim: 9
- Steve: 9
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
We got a lovely voicemail from… someone… If you’re the someone we don’t know your number or voice so… sorry about that but write in and let us know so we can send you a patreon cut of the show (unless you’re already a patron, in which case, go team!)
There are no new voicemails so hop over to the drunk dial line and leave one!
Special thanks to the patrons, some of you have donated a lot of money to us! We’re grateful and we work hard to insure it’s money well spent!
Like a good laxative. The shit is out. – http://dpo.st/29qr6Ps
- Gordon Klingenschmitt lost his bid to become a CO state senator
- Gave up his seat in the CO house to run for Senate
- Lost his bid by losing the primary to Bob Gardner 61.7% to 38.2% (nice, wide margin)
- Bob Gardner (another Air Force veteran) looks to be just as conservative as the douche-nozzle that he beat in the primary, but baby steps…
Slap on the wrist for murder – http://bit.ly/29ugJby
- Followup from Episode 71: David Stephan and wife Collet Stephan who killed their son Ezekiel by not treating his menignitis, have been sentenced… barely.
- If you’ll remember, they used naturopatic “remedies” and the boy died
- Jury found them Guilty in April, but sentencing was just handed down.
- First of all they only face a maximum of five year in prison, but they were actually sentenced to:
- Father: four months in jail, mother: three months of house arrest
- At least the judge said their three remaining kids will have to see a (real) doctor once a year and a public health nurse four times a year.
Catholic school can fund their own work – http://bit.ly/29i4bjD
- Santa Ana City Council in California was considering giving $2.5 million to a Catholic high school to help them construct a new building and parking garage.
- FFRF legal fellow Ryan Jane wrote a letter to town saying the following:
“We are writing to object to the proposed grant to Mater Dei because distributing public money to a private religious school violates both the Federal Constitution and the California state constitution.
The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the government from supporting religious activities with public funds… The city of Santa Ana violates this principle when it funds the expansion of a private parochial school.”
- Letter worked and now the city is no longer considering the grant
This Week’s Stories
Board-Certified New York Psychiatrist Thinks “Demonic Possession” Can Be the Correct Diagnosis – http://bit.ly/29rsTAB
- Richard Gallagher, a board-certified psychiatrist and a professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, has a book coming out that literally gives the devil his due. It’s about demonic possession, which Gallagher says is totally a real thing.
- despite having trained at Yale and Columbia, and being, in his own words, “a man of science” as well as “a man of reason,” Gallagher became convinced
Christian Blogger: Christy Sheats Rightly Killed Her Daughters Because They Were Seeing Black Guys http://bit.ly/29fBn0P
- Christy Sheats is the Texas mother who shot and killed both of her children (ages 22 and 17) before being gunned down by police.
- narrative surrounding her includes the fact that she opposed any sort of gun regulation, saying on Facebook as recently as March that “It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away.”
- Christian writer Jennifer Mayers found a way to make it so much worse. On her blog (tagline: “Spreading Positivity through Jesus Christ”), Mayers defended the killing of Sheats’ daughters because — wait for it — they were dating black guys.
- Looks like this one is bad satire or at the very least a troll… or, for the sake of our own sanity, we’re going with that side of the argument – 7/7
Next Week’s Beer
5:00 O’Clock Afternoon Ale | Renegade Brewing Company-Ashley
- BA Link: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25958/72224/
- BA Rating: 78
- Style: American Blonde Ale
- ABV: 5%
Faith In Humanity Restored
CANADA: Justin Trudeau Becomes First Sitting Prime Minister To March In LGBT Pride Parade – http://bit.ly/29fAHbU
Adoption for gay couples become legal in all 50 states – http://huff.to/29i6Slh
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: http://Patreon.com/W4W
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video
The 75th anniversary of TV’s first commercial: http://bit.ly/29qqycF